Monday, September 4, 2017

If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout

If There's No Tomorrow 
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: September 5, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*An advanced reader's copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review


Lena Wise is always looking forward to tomorrow, especially at the start of her senior year. She's ready to pack in as much friend time as possible, to finish college applications and to maybe let her childhood best friend, Sebastian, know how she really feels about him. For Lena, the upcoming year is going to be one of opportunities and chances. 
Until one choice, one moment, destroys everything. 
Now Lena isn't looking forward to tomorrow. Not when friend time may never be the same. Not when college applications feel all but impossible. Not when Sebastian could never forgive her for what happened.  For what she let happen.  With the guilt growing each day, Lena knows that her only hope is to move on. But how can she move on when tomorrow isn't even guaranteed? (Goodreads)


I really enjoyed If There's No Tomorrow and I had a difficult time putting this book down. This emotional story and its message on making a mistake and finding forgiveness will definitely stick with me for a long time.


Lena was a well developed and realistic protagonist. When she's not working or practicing for volleyball, she loves to read. She also spends her days worrying about her upcoming last year of high school and trying to avoid her dad, who she hasn't spoken to in years. Her whole life changes in one night though with one decision that has awful consequences. She makes a mistake thinking that nothing bad would happen and now she has to live with that guilt. I could relate and empathize with Lena in so many ways. She didn't trust her gut in the moment that it mattered most because she genuinely didn't believe that anything could happen. She learns a lot about herself as the book progresses and I believe that Lena's story is an important one to read.

If There's No Tomorrow also had several great side characters. I loved Sebastian! Lena and Sebastian have been neighbors and best friends since they were kids. I loved the relationship these two shared because it was obvious how important they are to each other. I also loved Lena's other best friends Dary, Abbi, and Megan. I loved the friendship that these girls shared with each other. 

If There's No Tomorrow made me smile and cry a lot while I was reading. I felt like this book definitely made me more emotional than some of Armentrout's other books. The plot was paced fairly well and I really liked how the story unfolded. However, I felt like it did drag on a bit towards the end. I also really loved the subplot about the relationship between Lena and her parents though. Lena and her father haven't spoken in years and Lena blames him for leaving.  

Overall, I really enjoyed If There's No Tomorrow. It was a heart-wrenching story about making mistakes, finding forgiveness, and moving forward. If you're a fan of Armentrout's previous books or enjoy contemporary books, then this is a must-read. It's a story that I will be thinking about for a long time to come.         

My Review:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)