Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5)
By: Sarah J. Maas
Released: September 6, 2016
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those don't. As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear. Aelin's journey from assassin to queen has entranced millions across the globe, and this fifth installment will leave fans breathless. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down? (Goodreads)

I loved Empire of Storms and jumping back into this world once again. It's definitely going to take me some time to recover from this book.

Aelin has developed so much throughout this series and continued to do so in Empire of Storms. In some ways she is so different from the girl we first met in Throne of Glass, but in other ways she is still the same too. I admire Aelin for her loyalty, strength, and dedication to protecting the ones she cares about. She still makes mistakes though and it just makes me love this complex character even more. 

One of the many things I love most about this series is all of the other characters and how each one stands out in their own way. There are so many well developed side characters that I've loved seeing develop even further throughout this series. Lysandra has easily become one of my favorite characters though and I've loved her personal story arc. I was rooting for her so much while reading this book.

The first page of Empire of Storms immediately hooked me in and it was so difficult to put this book down. There was a great balance of drama, action, and romance. The action scenes especially stood out to me though. Then there were also so many twists throughout the story that I didn't expect at all. This book certainly sent me through waves of emotions and had me laughing out loud, crying, gasping, and cheering.

I also loved that the chapters alternated between different characters once again because it truly did help bring the overall story all together. I love the way that Maas has developed this plot over the course of this entire series and how well she has connected each book to one another. Her writing is so complex and gorgeous. Once again there were so many quotes I found myself writing down while reading.

Overall, I loved Empire of Storms! It was another epic addition to this series and I will be counting down the days until the final book is released.
   

My Rating:



@thereadinggeek

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you. This book was incredible and hooked me from page one. I absolutely adore Aelin. And Lysandra has become one of my favorites too. I'm already dying to get my hands on the next book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)