Monday, August 8, 2016

Change Places With Me by Lois Metzger

Change Places With Me
By: Lois Metzger
Released: June 14, 2016
Source: Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

Rose has changed. She still lives in the same neighborhood and goes to the same high school with the same group of kids, but when she woke up today, something was a little different. Her clothes and hair don’t suit her anymore. The dogs who live upstairs are no longer a terror. She wants to throw a party—this from a girl who hardly ever spoke to her classmates before. There’s no more sadness in her life; she’s bursting with happiness. But something still feels wrong to Rose. Because until very recently, she was an entirely different person—a person who’s still there inside her, just beneath the thinnest layer of skin. (Goodreads)

I really enjoyed Change Places With Me! I will be as vague as possible in this review because this is definitely one of those books where the less you know, the better. 

Change Places With Me is the story of Rose who wakes up one day and is changed. She is no longer sad, but instead, she can barely contain her happiness. She suddenly wants to change her clothes and hair. Now she loves dogs and even wants to throw a party. However, this is all so different from the girl she was just yesterday.

Rose was a really interesting and well developed character. She is struggling with not feeling like herself, but at the same time, she's so happy now. There were also several interesting side characters that I enjoyed getting to know.  

The plot was paced well and grabbed my attention right away. I felt like there was a lot going on in this book, but at the same time, it didn't feel overwhelming. As I mentioned earlier, the less you know about the plot, the more you will enjoy this book. It started to become slightly predictable during the middle, but I still really enjoyed the suspense surrounding what happened to Rose. I especially liked how this book was divided up into three parts because it helped bring the whole story together. I have read one other book by Metzger and she has a very distinctive writing style which I loved reading once again

Another great aspect to this story was the setting. Change Places With Me is set several years into the future and I really loved all of the new changes to this world. Some things still seemed the same, but then there was all this new technology that was so much fun to read about.

Overall, I really enjoyed Change Places With Me. If you're looking for a quick and suspenseful book with some science fiction, then I definitely recommend picking this one up.    


My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting concept! Definitely pulls me and has me wondering what is going on with the character. And it being set in a future world, so cool! I'll have to put this one on my list as well :)

    Lovely review

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)