Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Wanderlost by Jen Malone

Wanderlost
By: Jen Malone
Released: May 31, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Not all those who wander are lost, but Aubree Sadler most definitely is on this novel’s whirlwind trip through Europe. Aubree can’t think of a better place to be than in perfectly boring Ohio, and she’s ready for a relaxing summer. But when her older sister, Elizabeth, gets into real trouble, Aubree is talked into taking over Elizabeth’s summer job, leading a group of senior citizens on a bus tour through Europe. Aubree doesn’t even make it to the first stop in Amsterdam before their perfect plan unravels, leaving her with no phone, no carefully prepared binder full of helpful facts, and an unexpected guest: the tour company owner’s son, Sam. Considering she’s pretending to be Elizabeth, she absolutely shouldn’t fall for him, but she can’t help it, especially with the most romantic European cities as the backdrop for their love story. But her relationship with Sam is threatening to ruin her relationship with her sister, and she feels like she’s letting both of them down. Aubree knows this trip may show her who she really is—she just hopes she likes where she ends up. (Goodreads)  

I really enjoyed Wanderlost a lot! This book was a sweet contemporary story that takes you along on an adventure.

Wanderlost is the story of Aubree who takes her sister's place as the guide of a group of senior citizens on a bus tour through Europe. Aubree's sister planned the whole trip out down to the final detail, but before Aubree even gets to the first stop, she loses her phone and her sister's binder. Then to add to it, the owner's son joins the tour.

Aubree was a well developed character who really learns a lot about herself over the course of the story. She's never been far from home before and now she's spending the summer in Europe. I admired how she learned to handle things for herself. Sometimes her methods to getting out of a situation even turned out to be quite funny. 

I really liked how realistic the relationship between Aubree and her sister was. Aubree and Elizabeth haven't always gotten along too well or had much in common. Elizabeth is a complete perfectionist and puts a lot of pressure on Aubree, especially regarding this tour.

There were several interesting side characters. I loved the whole group of senior citizens. They were so funny and I loved what they each added to the cities they visited. I especially loved Sam though. The banter between Aubree and him was so cute. I loved the way the relationship developed between the two of them.

The plot was paced well and I finished this book in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. There was a good balance of drama, humor, and romance. I especially loved the little moments in this book. I loved the conversations and small moments that Aubree shared with the senior citizens on the trip. I absolutely adored the setting in all of the different cities across Europe the most though. I really felt like I was there with these characters while I was reading.

Overall, I really enjoyed Wanderlost. It was a cute story that takes you along on an adventure through Europe. If you're a fan of contemporary books, then I highly recommend picking this one up.

My Rating:


1 comment:

  1. OH! I remember wanting to read this one! I definitely need to pick it up. I do love the sound of the characters and it sounds like a well balanced book filled with aspects I would just love. :) Great review

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)