Friday, May 6, 2016

Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke

Wink Poppy Midnight
By: April Genevieve Tucholke
Released: March 22, 2016
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

Every story needs a hero. Every story needs a villain. Every story needs a secret. Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous. What really happened? Someone knows. Someone is lying. (Goodreads)

I really enjoyed Wink Poppy Midnight! It was a twisted and beautifully written story. However, my review will be short because I think the less you know going into this book, the more you will enjoy it.

Wink Poppy Midnight is the story of Wink who is the mysterious girl next door, Poppy who is the bully, and the Midnight the boy who is caught between both of these girls. 

Wink, Poppy, and Midnight were each interesting and complex characters. They have their flaws and are all connected to each other in different ways. I loved how the book alternated between all three of their point of views because it provided a great contrast of views. I also loved how I had no idea who I could trust.

I don't want to spoil anything about the plot, but I loved how it was filled with so many twists. It was paced fast, so I finished this one in a day because it was so difficult to put down. Tucholke's writing was absolutely gorgeous. She connected each of these characters so well. There were so many wonderful quotes in this book too. The opening line made me laugh out loud and it may just be one of my favorite opening lines ever.

Overall, I really enjoyed Wink Poppy Midnight. If you're looking for a book that is mysterious, twisted, and will make you question everything along the way, then I highly recommend picking this one up. 
 

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)