Monday, May 16, 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Mist and Fury
By: Sarah J. Maas
Released: May 3, 2016
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people. Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two. (Goodreads)

I completely loved A Court of Mist and Fury! It has easily made its way on to my list of top favorite books. I even wish I could read this book again for the first time. I just can't stop thinking about it. I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses, but A Court of Mist and Fury was somehow even better.

A Court of Mist and Fury picks up shortly after A Court of Thorns and Roses left off. Feyre is trying to learn to live with what she did to save Tamlin and his court from Amarantha. She is learning about her new powers and her place in the Spring Court. However, she still has her deal with Rhysand to face as well.

Feyre is such a complex character and she continues to develop even more in this book. Not only does she now have powers, but she also has a really heavy burden on her shoulders too. She survived Amarantha, but is still haunted by what she did and saw. So much has changed for her since the beginning of A Court of Thorns and Roses. However, I admire Feyre for her strength and heart. She has her flaws too though and it just makes her more of a character that you can connect with.   

I loved seeing the return of some characters from A Court of Thorns and Roses and meeting new ones. I especially loved getting to know Rhysand a lot more and learning his story. I also loved getting to know Morrigan, Cassian, Azriel, and Amren. It didn't take long for them to each win me over.    

The plot was paced very well and it was so difficult to put this book down for long. I experienced so many different emotions while I was reading. I cried when my heart broke for these characters and I even cried when I was happy for them. A Court of Mist and Fury was filled with so many beautiful lines and memorable scenes that I won't be able to forget any time soon. A part of me couldn't stop reading, but another part of me wanted to take my time reading and savor this book. (Guess which part of me won).  

There was also a great balance of drama, romance, and action though. I especially loved all of the twists and turns throughout the book. I was genuinely surprised by the direction that Maas took this story in. However, she developed it so well and I loved how she also expanded this fascinating world. It was so exciting to explore new parts of this world alongside the characters.  

Overall I loved A Court of Mist and Fury! It was a stunning sequel and I already can't wait to reread this book again soon. Maas truly outdone herself with this story. I highly recommend picking up this unforgettable series.      


My Rating:



3 comments:

  1. I mostly skimmed the review because I am starting ACOTAR tonight and I didn't want to spoil anything, but it is awesome when a series only gets better as it goes. It is also wonderful when you become so emotionally invested in characters that you cry for the good and the bad. Thanks for the review. I'm excited to start this series!

    - Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was sooooo good. I just cannot stop thinking about it and waiting for the next book is going to be torture. Maas is simply amazing. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm so happy to hear this! I just grabbed this book at her local signing and I can't wait to start :) I want to make sure I have nothing else going on so I can savor it though. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)