Monday, April 4, 2016

The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows

The Mirror King
By: Jodi Meadows
Released: April 5, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Wilhelmina has a hundred enemies. HER FRIENDS HAVE TURNED. After her identity is revealed during the Inundation, Princess Wilhelmina is kept prisoner by the Indigo Kingdom, with the Ospreys lost somewhere in the devastated city. When the Ospreys’ leader emerges at the worst possible moment, leaving Wil’s biggest ally on his deathbed, she must become Black Knife to set things right. HER MAGIC IS UNCONTROLLABLE. Wil’s power is to animate, not to give true life, but in the wraithland she commanded a cloud of wraith mist to save herself, and later ordered it solid. Now there is a living boy made of wraith—destructive and deadly, and willing to do anything for her. HER HEART IS TORN. Though she’s ready for her crown, declaring herself queen means war. Caught between what she wants and what is right, Wilhelmina realizes the throne might not even matter. Everyone thought the wraith was years off, but already it’s destroying Indigo Kingdom villages. If she can’t protect both kingdoms, soon there won’t be a land to rule. (Goodreads)

I loved The Mirror King! It was an exciting and suspenseful conclusion to the series. 

The Mirror King picks up right where The Orphan Queen left off. Wilhelmina is being kept in the Indigo Kingdom and her magic is getting out of control. Meanwhile the wraith is getting closer and Wilhelmina is torn over what to do.

Wilhelmina has come so far since The Orphan Queen. She has grown and developed so much over the course of these two books. I love how determined, smart, tough, and caring she is. She's been through so much since a young age and she is certainly put to the test even more with some difficult decisions in this book. This series is also packed with so many great side characters that I loved getting to know.   

The plot was paced well and I found it difficult to put this book down. The Mirror King started with action and it never really slowed down . I personally loved all of the action because it really kept things moving along. There were also so many twists and surprises throughout the story that I never saw coming. It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading. This book had a great balance of action, romance, suspense, and even some heartbreak. The world that Meadows has created is so fascinating and I truly enjoyed exploring it alongside these characters.


Overall, I loved The Mirror King. Meadows did a wonderful job with wrapping up this series and it will definitely hold a place as one of my top favorites. I highly recommend picking this duology up! 
    
My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I have to start this series! I know I am going to love it and I am basically obsessed with the covers. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)