Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Where Do You Buy Your Books?

Where Do You Buy Your Books? 

I'm always curious to hear about where other book lovers buy their books. I mostly do all of my book shopping online, so I'm always looking for more recommendations. Unfortunately, I don't have any local independent bookstores in my area that sell Young Adult books. I do have a Barnes and Noble close by which is convenient, but the Young Adult section isn't always that well stocked. Honestly, I just really miss Borders! My local Borders used to have an amazing Young Adult section.

So now that I do the majority of my book shopping online, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite places (other than the Barnes and Noble website).


Book Outlet:
 
I buy books from Book Outlet a lot! I'm being serious. I order books from this site several times throughout the month. In case you don't know about Book Outlet yet, it's a great place to get super discounted books. Be warned though, the books will come with a marker spot or dash on the pages. This is because Book Outlet sells the returns and extra copies from the publishers. I really love this site though and it's where I buy all those books that have been on my to read list forever. 



Books of Wonder:

Books of Wonder is one of my favorite bookstores in NYC. When I'm in the city, this is one of the places I always stop at. They have a great selection of books and they hold a lot signings, so the majority of the books they sell are signed. 
Since I can't make it to the city that often, I order signed books from their website a lot. Just in the past few months, I've ordered signed copies of the entire Throne of Glass series, Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, Truthwitch by Susan Dennard, When We Collided by Emery Lord, and Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. The shipping is quick and they do a great job with keeping you updated.  


Fountain Bookstore:

 If you're looking for signed Maggie Stiefvater books, this is the place to order them. I've ordered her books signed from here a few times and they are always great. They also have some other signed Young Adult titles for sale too.


Where are some of your favorite places to buy books?


2 comments:

  1. What a great post idea! I use Book Outlet a lot, and Book Depository.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually buy from The Book Depository, but now I'll check out Book Outlet. So cheap!

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)