Monday, March 21, 2016

Book Adaptation Wishlist

Book Adaptation Wishlist:

I have a love/hate relationship with book adaptations. There have been some that were done really well and then some that I haven't liked all that much. Some of my favorite adaptations have been The 100, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Hunger Games, The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns, and The Duff. Some of those adaptations were loyal to the books. While others made a lot of changes from the book that I actually ended up loving. Even though I feel anxious every time I hear that a book I love is becoming a movie or tv show, there are still some books that I would love to see on the screen one day. 


Ever since I read the first book in this series, I've always thought this would make for a really good television show. I would love to watch this suspenseful story unfold every week.



The characters are so interesting and I think this series would make for a really intense show or movie. (New Line Cinema currently has the film rights.)


The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig:
I think this book would make a great movie. I would love to see the ship and locations that Nix travels to on the big screen.


Open Road Summer by Emery Lord:
I would love to see Reagan and Lilah's friendship on a television show or in a movie.


Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman:
I think Kate's journey for revenge would make for a really exciting movie.


What book or series would you love to see adapted into either a television show or a movie? What are some of your favorite adaptations?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing list! I've only read the first book in the The Mara Dyer Series (I NEED to get to the other books). I think it would make a wonderful TV series as well though. And I loved The 100, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Hunger Games, and The Fault In Our Stars. Wonderful TV/movie adaptations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)