Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #239: The Museum of Heartbreak


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


The Museum of Heartbreak
By: Meg Leder
Release Date: June 7, 2016

In this ode to all the things we gain and lose and gain again, seventeen-year-old Penelope Marx curates her own mini-museum to deal with all the heartbreaks of love, friendship, and growing up. Welcome to the Museum of Heartbreak. Well, actually, to Penelope Marx’s personal museum. The one she creates after coming face to face with the devastating, lonely-making butt-kicking phenomenon known as heartbreak. Heartbreak comes in all forms: There’s Keats, the charmingly handsome new guy who couldn’t be more perfect for her. There’s possibly the worst person in the world, Cherisse, whose mission in life is to make Penelope miserable. There’s Penelope’s increasingly distant best friend Audrey. And then there’s Penelope’s other best friend, the equal-parts-infuriating-and-yet-somehow-amazing Eph, who has been all kinds of confusing lately. But sometimes the biggest heartbreak of all is learning to let go of that wondrous time before you ever knew things could be broken. (Goodreads)

  

13 comments:

  1. Ah interesting...Cute cover too. My WoW features a series that's been ongoing for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read. I think the cover looks cute. My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - I can see a roller coaster of emotions in your future with this read. Enjoy!

    Keely @ The Ink Blot

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first that I've heard of this one but it definitely sounds good!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cover! Don't know about the story though. Hope you enjoy it!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one. The cover was the first thing that drew me in. Nice pick!

    My WoW @ LazyBookLovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes please! This one sounds great. I can already feel all of the feels while reading that synopsis. Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds so sweet! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks good, I like the cover also!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds adorable! Just the kind of read for June, huh? Definitely a new addition to my TBR. :D Wonderful pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh very cute cover and concept. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AW! Sounds like a very cute read! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)