Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #235: Learning to Swear in America


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.


Learning to Swear in America
By: Katie Kennedy
Release Date: July 5, 2016


An asteroid is hurtling toward Earth. A big, bad one. Yuri, a physicist prodigy from Russia, has been called to NASA as they calculate a plan to avoid disaster. He knows how to stop the asteroid: his research in antimatter will probably win him a Nobel prize--if there's ever another Nobel prize awarded. But Yuri's 17, and having a hard time making older, stodgy physicists listen to him. Then he meets Dovie, who lives like a normal teenager, oblivious to the impending doom. Being with her, on the adventures she plans when he's not at NASA, Yuri catches a glimpse of what it means to save the world and save a life worth living. (Goodreads)

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.....the cover, the title, the synopsis, is there anything not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one before! I'll have to go add it to my TBR on Goodreads! Thanks for sharing.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of this one, but my gosh! It sounds really unique and very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title, this sounds like a really cute and interesting read! Thanks for highlighting this!

    Here's my WOW (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title alone makes me want to read this book, I don't even have to look at the synopsis!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)