Monday, December 21, 2015

Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray

Ten Thousand Skies Above You
By: Claudia Gray
Released: November 3, 2015
Source: Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Ever since she used the Firebird, her parents' invention, to cross into alternate dimensions, Marguerite has caught the attention of enemies who will do anything to force her into helping them dominate the multiverse—even hurting the people she loves. She resists until her boyfriend, Paul, is attacked and his consciousness scattered across multiple dimensions. Marguerite has no choice but to search for each splinter of Paul’s soul. The hunt sends her racing through a war-torn San Francisco, the criminal underworld of New York City, and a glittering Paris where another Marguerite hides a shocking secret. Each world brings Marguerite one step closer to rescuing Paul. But with each trial she faces, she begins to question the destiny she thought they shared. (Goodreads)

Ten Thousand Skies Above You was so good! I enjoyed this sequel even more than the first book. This one kept me on the edge of my seat from the first page to the last. 

Ten Thousand Skies Above You takes place shortly after A Thousand Pieces of You left off. When Paul's soul is splintered across multiple dimensions, Marguerite goes on a search to find each piece.

Marguerite continues to grow and develop more in this sequel. I like how loyal Marguerite continues to be and how she continues to do anything for the people that she loves. I especially liked though how in this book she is starting to learn the consequences of her actions in these different dimensions. In the previous book I felt like Marguerite made decisions without always thinking them through, so to see those consequences catching up to her now was interesting.  I loved seeing many of the characters from the previous book again as well. It was also fun to see again how the characters are different, but still somewhat similar in the different dimensions that Marguerite travels to. 

I could not put this book down once I started it. The plot jumps into the action immediately and doesn't slow down until the very last page. I liked how there were a lot of flashbacks to the past within the first half of the book and then it lessened as the story progressed. It helped keep the pacing moving right along. There were also so many twists throughout the book and most of them made me gasp out loud. I really had no idea where the plot would go next and I loved that. I needed a few days to just sit back and process this book once I did finish it because so much happened. 

Once again I absolutely loved this world that Gray has created. It's so fascinating and complex. It was fun traveling to each new dimension with Marguerite and seeing the type of life that each dimensions Marguerite was living. It's hard to choose a favorite dimension from this one because the San Francisco, New York City, and Paris ones were all so amazing in their own different ways. Gray also continued to expand upon the world and the Firebird technology as well. I actually found it a little more difficult to grasp some of it in this book though. I think that things were explained much more clearly in the first book.

Overall I really enjoyed Ten Thousand Skies Above You and I am highly anticipating the next installment in this series. It was a really exciting sequel that brought you to even more incredible dimensions. If you haven't already, I definitely recommend picking up this series!


My Rating:







3 comments:

  1. Seems such a great read indeed, and very nice review. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read the first book in this series, but the covers are gorgeous. This series sounds really interesting. It's always wonderful when a sequel is really strong and the characters continue to grow. Seems like a great read! Thanks for the review.

    ~ Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously love these covers. I struggled with the first book so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this one more. I hope to catch up with this series one day. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)