Monday, November 2, 2015

The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens

The Lies About Truth
By: Courtney C. Stevens
Release Date: November 3, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Sadie Kingston, is a girl living in the aftermath. A year after surviving a car accident that killed her friend Trent and left her body and face scarred, she can’t move forward. The only person who seems to understand her is Trent’s brother, Max. As Sadie begins to fall for Max, she's unsure if she is truly healed enough to be with him — even if Max is able to look at her scars and not shy away. But when the truth about the accident and subsequent events comes to light, Sadie has to decide if she can embrace the future or if she'll always be trapped in the past. (Goodreads)

I really enjoyed The Lies About Truth. After hearing some great things about this book and reading the synopsis, I couldn't wait to read it. It has been weeks since I finished it and I still can't get this story out of my head.

The Lies About Truth is the story of Sadie who is struggling to move forward after a car accident that killed her best friend, Trent, and left her covered in scars. One of the only people who she feels like she can talk to is Trent's brother, Max, who is currently living in another country. However, Max is coming back home soon and Sadie is unsure about what this means for their relationship.

Sadie is a very complex and well developed character. She is realistically dealing with surviving a horrible accident. She's pushed away her friends and is hiding away. Not only is she dealing with the grief of losing one of her best friends, but she is also left covered in scars. Just leaving her house has become a challenge for her. I really loved the relationship that she shared with her parents. The love between them came right off the pages. 

The side characters were also really interesting. I did think that Gina and Gray were flat for the first half of the book, but the flashbacks to what their friendship was like before the accident made them much more interesting. I especially liked Max and getting to know him better too. 

The plot was really well developed. I loved how it all built up and gradually showed the reader the type of relationship that this group of friends once shared before the accident. Stevens' writing was beautiful. This story had a great balance of these lighter moments and these dark moments where you really felt the pain that Sadie was in. 

Overall I really enjoyed The Lies About Truth. It was beautifully written story about friendship and trying to move on from the past. I definitely recommend picking up a copy. I know this is a story that I won't be getting off my mind any time soon.      


My Rating:
 

1 comment:

  1. I love a story that just won't leave you! This sounds like such an emotional read (which are the ones I love). Sadie sounds like an interesting character and I would love to see how she handles everything that she has to overcome and deal with.

    I would love to pick this one up, hopefully soon. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)