Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Retribution of Mara Dyer
By: Michelle Hodkin
Released: November 4, 2015
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told. There is. She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead. She should. She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance. She will now. Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story. Retribution has arrived. (Goodreads) 

 I loved The Retribution of Mara Dyer! It was a great conclusion to what has absolutely become one of my all time favorite series.

Mara Dyer is a standout and memorable character. Hodkin really did a great job with developing her over the course of this series. I felt like in this book especially, I understood why Mara made certain choices. She is trying to not only save the people that she loves, but she's also trying to save herself. Mara is easily one of my all time favorite characters because she is a flawed antihero.    

The Retribution of Mara Dyer takes place shortly after where The Evolution of Mara Dyer left off. It jumps right into the action and it doesn't slow down until the end. I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that this plot was action-packed, gory, suspenseful, and creepy.  I loved exploring new settings with Mara, as well as meeting new characters and reconnecting with old faces. Since I read the first book, I've always thought that this series would make a really awesome television show and this book just made me wish for it to happen even more.

Overall I loved The Retribution of Mara Dyer! I highly recommend picking up this series because you won't be able to put it down.     

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)