Monday, August 3, 2015

Between Us and the Moon by Rebecca Maizel

Between Us and the Moon
By: Rebecca Maizel
Released: June 30, 2015
Source: Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Ever since Sarah was born, she’s lived in the shadow of her beautiful older sister, Scarlett. But this summer on Cape Cod, she’s determined to finally grow up. Then she meets gorgeous college boy Andrew. He sees her as the girl she wants to be. A girl who’s older than she is. A girl like Scarlett. Before she knows what’s happened, one little lie has transformed into something real. And by the end of August, she might have to choose between falling in love, and finding herself. (Goodreads)

I liked Between Us and the Moon. It definitely made for a good summer read. 


Between Us and the Moon is the story of Sarah who is spending her summer in Cape Cod. Sarah is an aspiring astronomer. She's always lived in the shadow of her older sister, Scarlett, who is a ballerina. However after her boyfriend dumps her, Sarah is determined to become a girl more like Scarlett. That is when she meets Andrew, an older college boy, and one lie turns into something more.

Sarah was an interesting protagonist. I loved how much she was into astronomy. She sees the world so differently and I liked that this book taught me a few things about the stars. However, it was understandable why she would want to try to be more like her sister. She wants to stand out and get the attention for once. She feels like an outsider even in her own family. She doesn't get along with her sister or aunt. She connects the most with her grandmother. As the story progresses, Sarah becomes bolder and more confident. I was cheering her on as she stood up for herself. When she meets Andrew, she feels like he sees her as a completely different person. I liked Andrew and he was a really interesting character to get to know. He has his own issues that he is trying to cope with.  

The plot held my attention and I finished this book in a day. The setting in Cape Cod is what definitely makes this a great book to read during the summer or while at the beach. I just wanted more from this story though. Once I got to the last page, I felt like it still lacked any real closure. I wanted more character growth from Sarah in the end. It all just wrapped up so quickly within the last couple of chapters.

Overall I liked Between Us and the Moon.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)