Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery

A Million Miles Away
By: Lara Avery
Released: July 7, 2015
Source: BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

When high school senior Kelsey's identical twin sister, Michelle, dies in a car crash, Kelsey is left without her other half. The only person who doesn't know about the tragedy is Michelle's boyfriend, Peter, recently deployed to Afghanistan. But when Kelsey finally connects with Peter online, she can't bear to tell him the truth. Active duty has taken its toll, and Peter, thinking that Kelsey is Michelle, says that seeing her is the one thing keeping him alive. Caught up in the moment, Kelsey has no choice: She lets Peter believe that she is her sister. As Kelsey keeps up the act, she crosses the line from pretend to real. Soon, Kelsey can't deny that she's falling, hard, for the one boy she shouldn't want. (Goodreads)


I liked A Million Miles Away. It was an emotional story about grief.

A Million Miles Away is the story of Kelsey whose identical twin sister, Michelle, dies. Michelle's boyfriend, Peter, is deployed in Afghanistan and doesn't know about Michelle's accident. While Kelsey is on Michelle's computer, Peter calls and mistakes her for Michelle. Kelsey keeps up the act of pretending to be Michelle for Peter and soon she finds herself developing feelings for him.  

I liked how this story started off before Michelle's accident because it showed what the relationship between Kelsey and Michelle was like. Kelsey and Michelle weren't super close and they had opposite personalities. However, they were always there for each other and loved each other. Kelsey was a very realistic character. She is realistically trying to cope with the loss of her twin sister. She is also developed well throughout the whole story. Peter was a really interesting character too and I enjoyed getting to know him as the story progressed. 

The plot started off really great, but I started to find myself getting bored around the middle of the book. It was moving along slowly and at times I felt like it wasn't going anywhere. I was happy that I stuck with it though because I did get really into the story again towards the end. However, I did find that it all wrapped up very suddenly though.

Overall I liked A Million Miles Away. This book is pitched for fans of Nicholas Sparks and while I'm not a fan of his books, I can definitely see the similarities between his books and A Million Miles Away. I think fans of his books would really enjoy this one.
 

My Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)