Saturday, May 30, 2015

BEA 2015


BEA 2015
This was my fourth year attending BEA and it was another really successful year. I loved seeing so many bloggers and authors again as well as meeting new ones. The showfloor was organized a bit differently than it has been in the past, but I think it helped space things out a lot better. I especially loved the way that Penguin Random House ran their in booth signings. They were really well organized.   


I only attended for a few hours on Thursday, but I did get to meet Margo Rabb and Kirsten Hubbard. Both authors were so kind and I was especially excited to meet Kirsten Hubbard because Wanderlove is one of my top favorite books. On Thursday I also stopped over at the Litograph booth where they were giving out temporary tattoos with quotes from a book. After you chose a random tattoo out of a bowl, they would photograph it and post it to the wall in order of the story. I got one from The Tell Tale Heart. They had so many cool posters and you can order literary temporary tattoos online. I definitely plan on ordering some things from their site.  

(Rainbow Rowell signing Fangirl and Margaret Stohl signing Black Widow)


I attended all day on Friday and I started off my morning by meeting Margaret Stohl. She was signing Black Widow, which is my most anticipated book of the year. I already started to read it while I was in lines throughout the day and I am loving it so far! I also met Colleen Hoover, Abbi Glines, Marieke Nijkamp, Nicola Yoon, Dahlia Adler, and Maggie Lehrman. Then I ended my day at Jennifer Niven's signing for All the Bright Places. I was so happy to meet her and get a copy of All the Bright Places signed because I love that book so much.

(Jennifer Niven signing All the Bright Places)
Overall it was another great year! Thank you to all of the amazing publishers and authors. I especially want to thank Harper Collins, Disney, Penguin Random House, Hachette, Scholastic, Abrams, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Macmillan, Harlequin, Simon Schuster, and Sourcebooks.

(If you would like to see pictures of the books I picked up you can find them on my Instagram or on my Twitter (@thereadinggeek))


(Gloria Steinham signing)


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you had a lot of fun! I've wanted to go to BEA for a while now so hopefully I'll make that happen some day. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookish tattoos, that is fabulous! 2016 will be my first year and I'm 100% pumped! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)