Monday, February 2, 2015

All Lined Up by Cora Carmack

All Lined Up
By: Cora Carmack
Released: May 13, 2014
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"In Texas, two things are cherished above all else—football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both. Dallas Cole loathes football. That's what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past. But life doesn't always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again. Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It's obliterated. Dallas doesn't know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn't know that Dallas is his new coach's daughter. And neither of them know how to walk away from the attraction they feel." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really enjoyed All Lined Up and it was tough to put this book down for long. This book had great characters, a captivating plot, a realistic romance, and it included some football.

All Lined Up is the story of Dallas who is the football coach's daughter. She hates football after always coming second to it and now she can't even escape it while at college because her dad is the new coach. Then there is Carson, who has just transferred to Rusk this year and is working hard to make his way up to starting quarterback. Dallas has no idea that Carson is on the team after they meet one night and Carson has no clue that she is the coach's daughter.   

I really liked both Dallas and Carson. Both of these characters are complex and have really interesting backgrounds. Dallas wants nothing to do with football anymore because of her dad and her ex-boyfriend. However, she can't seem to stay away from Carson. While Carson works really hard for what he wants and is determined to get it. The relationship that builds between these two is realistic and paced well. The chemistry is definitely there from the very beginning and is practically jumping off of the pages. Dallas and Carson grow and develop over the course of the story both individually and together. I also loved the side characters and will be looking forward to getting to know some of them even more in the next books in this series.

The plot hooked me in from the first chapter and I thought that it was paced really well. I kept finding it difficult to put this book down for long. There was a really great balance of romance and drama. I loved the setting too and the way that football was incorporated throughout the story in different ways. I have read one of Cora Carmack's other series and loved it, but I found that I enjoyed the start to this new series even more.

Overall I really enjoyed All Lined Up. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a really great New Adult book series to read.    
 
My Rating:
 

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't exactly a fan of this book unfortunately but I loved all the other books by Cora Carmack! Inspire is my favorite so far :)

    Ps. I have a blog as well, written both in English and Italian. I'd love if you stopped by :) -> http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored this book! Especially how much football was actually incorporated into the book. Glad to see you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)