Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Reading Geek in 2015


Happy New Year!

As the new year starts I want to give The Reading Geek a fresh new start. 

In 2014 I really struggled with enjoying blogging, which is what caused the lack of posts for the majority of the year. I didn't even read half the number of books that I usually read per year because I just felt like it was becoming a task rather than reading for the enjoyment of it. It wasn't until this past October that I was reminded again of how much I once loved blogging. I started this blog while I was a sophmore in college and 4 years later a lot has changed for me and I don't think that The Reading Geek is a reflection of that. 

So since The Reading Geek will be turning 5 in 2015, I think now is a good time for some new changes. 

I will be beginning to incorporate some new things to the blog to freshen it up. I will be trying out some new ways to write reviews. I will also be beginning a new post at the end of each month where I will be talking about the non-young adult books that I have read that month. These won't necessarily be reviews, but more of a brief if I liked it or not list. I will also be trying out a monthly post to give some love to some older books. 

I hope you have a happy and healthy year filled with many books!
    

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling like blogging and reading can be a chore sometimes, more than something that you just really enjoy doing. It started to feel that way to me at certain points last year too and there were stretches where I was just in a posting/reading slump and just didn't. This year, I don't want that to happen, which is why I'm totally going to be making a few changes to the way that I blog as well and I'm also going to be having some new reading changes. Like, my definite first one is to cut back on the number of galley's that I request from Netgalley and Edelweiss and not take on quite so many ARC's for review, so that I can devote time to finish up series I've already started that have ended and need to be finished or new series that I've been wanting to read and just haven't had the chance to start. So, I definitely wish you well in your blogging/reading goals and in any other personal goals you may have for the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like some very nice changes. I think I may need to make some small changes as well this upcoming year. I like the idea of doing a round-up type post of the adult books you've read. I hope you have a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)