Monday, November 17, 2014

On the Edge by Allison van Diepen

On the Edge
By: Allison van Diepen
Release Date: November 25, 2014
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Maddie Diaz never should have taken that shortcut through the park. If she hadn't, she wouldn't have seen two members of the Reyes gang attacking a homeless man. Now, as the only witness, she knows there’s a target on her back. But when the Reyes jump her on the street, Maddie is protected by a second gang and their secretive leader, Lobo, who is determined to take down the Reyes himself. Lobo is mysterious and passionate, and Maddie begins to fall for him. But when they live this close to the edge, can their love survive?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I really liked On the Edge and read this book in one sitting. I was looking forward to reading this one because the whole premise sounded great. From chapter one I was wrapped up in this story and couldn't put it down.

Maddie has a target on her back after she sees two members of the Reyes gang attack a homeless man in the park one night. When they jump her she is protected by the mysterious leader of another gang, Lobo.

 I liked Maddie because she is so determined, but there were times where I wasn't so sure about the decisions she made. Then there was Lobo. He was really interesting and I liked learning more about him. There were plenty of interesting side characters too. I have to say though that I was not much of a fan of her friend Iz.

The plot was captivating and exciting. There was a lot of action. However, it was also really predictable. I think that the story could have been paced much better. Some aspects of the plot were not given enough time to develop and I would have liked to see some parts slowed down. For instance I really found that the relationship between Maddie and Lobo came across as more insta-love. The characters had chemistry, but the romance did not come across as realistic for me. Besides those issues though I did enjoy the plot a lot.

Overall On the Edge is an exciting story that will hook you in from the beginning.     

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)