Thursday, September 25, 2014

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

I'll Give You the Sun
By: Jandy Nelson
Released: September 16, 2014
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else—an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'll Give You the Sun is one of the best books I've read this year. From the moment I picked up this book, I couldn't put it down.

I'll Give You the Sun is the story of twins Jude and Noah. These twins are so different from each other, but have a unique bond. At thirteen they are so close and have this special connection. Noah is quiet and spends most of his time drawing. While Jude is spending her time surfing and hanging out with the boys. However three years later, so much has changed and the twins are barely speaking to each other anymore. It's almost like their personalities have switched. Noah is no longer drawing, but instead has become the partier. While Jude has become more withdrawn.

Noah and Jude were both such interesting, realistic, and strongly developed characters. I loved getting to hear both sides of their story. Not only did the reader get to see them grow individually, but you also get to see how their relationship grew. There were also some really fascinating side characters that I enjoyed getting to know too.  

One of my favorite aspects of this book was hands down the writing style though. Not only was Nelson's writing beautiful, but I love how intricately she told both of these twins separate stories. The book alternated between the twins and two different times of their lives flawlessly. I loved how everything just all came together.

Overall I loved I'll Give You the Sun. This is a story that will certainly stay with me for a long time. I definitely recommend picking up a copy this book!



My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I think I would love the characterization of both Jude and Noah and finding out what happened to them. This one does sound like a very interesting read. I definitely must pick this one up!

    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)