Monday, August 18, 2014

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Isla and the Happily Ever After
By: Stephanie Perkins
Released: August 14, 2014
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren't always forever. Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new." (Summary from goodreads.com)


Isla and the Happily Ever After was everything and more that I was hoping it would be. As soon as this book was in my hands I couldn't put it down. I loved Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door, and now Isla and the Happily Ever After fits in perfectly as the final book in the series. I feel like it's practically impossible to choose which one was my favorite though because each book told a distinctively different story.  

Isla and the Happily Ever After is the story of Isla and Josh. They both live in New York City but attend school in Paris. Isla has had a crush on Josh for years, but has barely ever spoken to him. However, after accidentally seeing him one night in New York, things start to change between them. 

What I loved the most about both of these characters was that they are flawed and realistic. Isla is shy and mostly sticks by herself, except for when it comes to her best friend Kurt. Isla was just a character that I could instantly connect with. She reminded me a lot of myself when I was in high school. Then there is Josh who is an artist and is also a bit of a loner now that his best friends have all graduated. Both Isla and Josh were developed very well. I also loved how their relationship developed and grew because it was realistic. Perkin's really captured that excitement of falling head over heels in love so quickly.
 
I loved the back and forth between New York City and Paris. Perkin's once again does an amazing job at bringing the reader to a city and making them feel like they are walking the streets with the characters. It's one of my favorite things about this series because not only are the characters great, but you get to explore a city too. 

I also loved seeing Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket one more time. It was so great how they all came into the story.

Overall I loved Isla and the Happily Ever After. So many happy tears were shed while reading this book. I already plan on rereading this whole series again very soon. I highly recommend picking these books up because you do not want to miss out on meeting these characters!


My Review:


1 comment:

  1. Thank God for happy tears!

    This book sounds so darling, probably because, as you said, Perkins writes AMAZING characters! Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)