Monday, June 23, 2014

Take Me On by Katie McGarry

Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4)
By: Katie McGarry
Released: May 27, 2014
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor. Suddenly, Haley has to train West Young. All attitude, West is everything Haley promised herself she'd stay away from. Yet he won't last five seconds in the ring without her help. West is keeping a big secret from Haley. About who he really is. But helping her-fighting for her-is a shot at redemption. Especially since it's his fault his family is falling apart. He can't change the past, but maybe he can change Haley's future. Hayley and West have agreed to keep their relationship strictly in the ring. But as an unexpected bond forms between them and attraction mocks their best intentions, they'll face their darkest fears and discover love is worth fighting for" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm such a huge fan of the Pushing the Limits series, so I couldn't wait to rush out and buy Take Me On the day it came out. What I love so much about this series is the realistic characters. Take Me On is another great addition to this series. 

Take Me On is the story of Haley and West. Haley is a champion kickboxer who has sworn she will never fight again. However, West gets mixed into her world and accepts a fight. Now Haley is training West to fight and hopefully survive the match. 

Haley and West were both well developed and realistic characters. Haley is such a strong protagonist, especially after all that she has been through. I loved learning all about mixed martial arts from her too. It's something that I knew nothing about before this book and I loved that I walked away feeling like I learned at least a few things. Then there is West, who we briefly met in Crash into You. I wasn't a fan of him after what happened in the last book, but that all quickly changed when I read his perspective. I also loved seeing the return of some characters from the previous books and meeting some new ones. I'm really hoping for an Abby book soon!

This book captured my attention on the first page and I couldn't put it down for long. I loved how the plot and both of these characters back stories slowly unraveled. There's this great balance of drama and romance. Both West and Haley come from really complicated families. Both of these characters have so much in common, but also so many differences too. McGarry truly wrote another beautiful and honest story. Every book in this series has moved me personally.

I really enjoyed Take Me On. I highly recommend this series to any contemporary fans.


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)