Thursday, June 5, 2014

Royally Lost by Angie Stanton

Royally Lost
By: Angie Stanton
Released: May 6, 2014
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Dragged on a family trip to Europe’s ancient cities, Becca wants nothing more than to go home. Trapped with her emotionally distant father, over-eager stepmother, and a brother who only wants to hook up with European hotties, Becca is miserable. That is until she meets Nikolai, a guy as mysterious as he is handsome. And she unknowingly finds herself with a runaway prince. Nikolai has everything a guy could ask for-he's crown prince, heir to the throne, and girls adore him. But the one thing he doesn't have...is freedom. Staging a coup, he flees his kingdom and goes undercover on his own European tour. When Nikolai and Becca meet, it’s their differences that draw them together. Sparks fly as they share a whirlwind of adventures, all the while dodging his royal guard. But Becca's family vacation ends in a matter of days. Will Nikolai and Becca be forced to say goodbye forever, will his destiny catch up to him, or will they change history forever?" (Summary from goodreads.com)


Royally Lost was a cute and quick read. It is the story of Becca who is on a tour of Europe with her family when she meets Nikolai. Nikolai is a prince and heir to the throne, but he doesn't want it so he runs away. Becca was a fairly well developed character who learns a bit about herself while on this trip and from meeting Nikolai. I did find that Nikolai was the more interesting character though. He just wants his freedom and doesn't want to be tied down with all that comes with being a prince. I really enjoyed reading about his family too. 

The plot was enjoyable and I loved jumping from city to city with these characters. I did however wish that the setting in each city was developed more. I love a book that can take me away to a new place and this book only partially did that for me. I wanted more details. I also would have loved to read more of Nikolai and Becca's relationship developing. I know that they only had a couple of days to spend together, but it felt a bit too much like insta-love for me at times.

Overall I did like Royally Lost because it was a really cute story. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a light and fun book.    


My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. That's why I stayed away form this one.. I felt that not much development is going to be there.. I like to be engulfed in a foreign country.. the culture, history, food.. not jumping from one to the other without really appreciating each one.. plus the romance sounds too insta-love-ish for me. I would have probably ended up rating it the same since it does look like a fun book but right now i need my contemporaries to have some substance. Thanks for confirming my predictions! :)

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I know what you mean. It was good to have a bit of a break after reading so many intense contemporary books lately, but I definitely prefer books to have more development.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a light and fun reading - I'll keep it in mind (or in my goodreads wishlist) for the time when my TBR pile goes down a little. Although the last book that was supposed to be light and fun turned out to annoy the hell out of me, and I couldn't finish it; but I think this one sounds a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)