Tuesday, June 24, 2014

On the Fence by Kasie West

On the Fence
By: Kasie West
Released: July 1, 2014
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"She's a tomboy. He's the boy next door…Charlie Reynolds can outrun, outscore, and outwit every boy she knows. But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at a chichi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world. To cope with the stress of her new reality, Charlie takes to spending nights chatting with her neighbor Braden through the fence between their yards. As she grows to depend on their nightly Fence Chats, she realizes she's got a bigger problem than speeding tickets-she's falling for Braden. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high." (Summary from goodreads.com)


I loved On the Fence! This has become one of my favorite contemporary books of the year. From the moment that I picked this book up, I couldn't put it down.

On the Fence is the story about Charlie who is a tomboy. She's grown up in a house with brothers and next door neighbor, Braden. Charlie was such a great character and she is also developed very well. I love how she is just one of the guys and holds her own while with them. She is realistic and easy to relate to. Charlie grows and learns so much through the course of this book and I enjoyed being on this journey with her.

There are so many wonderful side characters as well. First up I loved her brothers Gage, Jerom, and Nathan. I loved the relationship she shared with her brothers, especially with Gage. They are a really close knit family and really look out for each other. Then there is the next door neighbor, Braden. He's practically a part of the family as well. It was easy to quickly fall in love with Braden.   

From the beginning this story quickly captivated me. I read this book in one sitting because I couldn't put it down. It's filled with sweet and funny moments, but also some really emotional moments as well. Now some aspects were predictable, but that didn't make me love this book any less. I loved that this was a story not only about growing up and falling in love, but also about family. I especially loved how family played a really big role in this story.

Overall I loved On the Fence! This is a book that I can reread over and over again so I definitely recommend picking it up! 


My Rating:

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of book. Firmly planted in reality, strong family ties, warm, funny but moving as well.Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear you liked this! I am hoping to start it tonight and now I'm more excited. great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kasie West's writing. Can't wait to pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! I love her contemporary books and definitely need to buy Pivot Point.

      Delete
  4. I really do love the sound of this one! The main character does sound relatable and I would love to see her character grow as well. I also really do enjoy when a book can work in great family connections. I enjoy those so much! I will have to pick this one up.

    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one. So far Kasie West has yet to let me down with one of her books. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book has no flaws. It's perfect for romance lovers and those who love banter. It'll make you laugh, it'll make you momentarily serious, but most of all, it'll make you smile and swoon. What more could you ask for? Kasie West delivers a perfect summer read that'll leave you begging to get your hands on more of her amazing contemporaries.

    Mariz
    Click Here Western Boots

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)