Monday, June 16, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

City of Heavenly Fire
By: Cassandra Clare
Released: May 27, 2014
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell. The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons? When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned..." (Summary from goodreads.com)

The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series and City of Heavenly Fire was a fantastic conclusion! This was the fastest I've ever read a book because I just couldn't put it down.

City of Heavenly Fire picks up where City of Lost Souls left off. Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must stop Sebastian as he continues to turn Shadowhunters against each other. All of these characters have come so far from the first book, especially Clary. I love that they are still the same in some ways, but in other ways they have grown up and developed into more complex characters. I loved seeing the return of many beloved characters and seeing them in different situations. I also loved meeting new characters like Emma and Julian. 

The plot was exciting, funny, sad, and cute. One of my favorite things about this series is the humor and I loved that it was still there. The action was great and I thought that this was much more exciting than the previous book. Some aspects were predictable, but there were also still some twists that took me by surprise. 

Overall I loved City of Heavenly Fire. As a huge fan of this series, I was really happy with the conclusion. I'm also really looking forward to The Dark Artifices now that I've met the characters.

My Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)