Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Breakable by Tammara Webber

Breakable
By: Tammara Webber
Released: May 6, 2014
Source: Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*Note this is a New Adult book
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed. All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy… As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat." (Summary from goodreads.com)


I really liked Breakable a lot more than I was even expecting too. Breakable is Lucas' point of view to Easy, but there's more to it. Often times it could get boring when it's another character retelling a story I've already read, but this book was not that case at all. Breakable isn't just only a retelling of Easy. It adds a whole new level to Lucas' and Jacqueline's story.

Lucas was such a great character already in Easy and I loved that now we got to learn even more about him. He is developed so much more in this book and we learn his whole back story. It just made me fall in love with him even more. I also loved reading his side to things that happened in Easy.

The plot was captivating and heavy to read at times. I read this book over the course of a couple of days and it reminded me all over again of the reasons I enjoyed Easy so much. It made me want to go reread Easy right away again. One of my favorite things about Easy was how real the characters felt and that definitely translated in to Breakable too. I loved that it alternated with the flashbacks of Lucas as Landon. It might sound like that could get confusing, but it actually never did. It was a really different way for Webber to tell the story, but it worked really well. 

Overall I really enjoyed Breakable a lot. I definitely recommend it to fans of New Adult books and to fans of Easy
My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)