Monday, March 17, 2014

Side Effects May Vary Launch

Side Effects May Vary 
By: Julie Murphy
Purchase:
IndieBound - B&N - Amazon
 


"What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you? When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission. Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I loved Side Effects May Vary and it is now on my list of favorite contemporary books! (You can read my review here)


To celebrate the release of Side Effects May Vary this week, Julie Murphy is asking for bloggers to share their own bucket lists. So here's mine:

First time I went in the Pacific Ocean
1. Put my feet in the Pacific Ocean (It was always my number one dream as a little kid growing up on the East Coast to visit California one day and go in the Pacific Ocean.)

 2. Swim with sharks (Sharks are my favorite animals and I would love to see a great white shark up close, but in the safety of a cage of course.)

 3. Visit 221B Baker Street in London (Since I was a teenager I've been a bit obsessed with all things Sherlock Holmes.)

4. Visit Shakespeare and Company in Paris (I make it a point to visit historical bookstores when I travel and this is at the very top of my list.)

5. Watch a play in the Globe theater in London (I've spent the past few years studying Shakespeare and reading all about the history of the Globe theater, so I would love to see it for myself one day)

 6. Attend San Diego Comic Con (I've gone to New York Comic Con for the past four years and I really want to make it to SDCC at least once.)

On the Golden Gate Bridge
7. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco (Another part of my childhood dream to visit California one day.)

 8. Visit the towns in Italy where my grandparents grew up (I've heard so many stories that I want to see all of the places for myself.)

9. Visit Stonehenge (Stonehenge was one of the topics that completely fascinated me while studying European history.)

10. Road trip across the US (My parents used to take me on road trips down South when I was little and they are some of my favorite childhood memories, so I would love to do one again but make it a much bigger trip.)

11. Get a tattoo (Just always been fascinated by tattoos.)

12. Learn another language (I'm about halfway there on this one. I know a good amount of Italian and Latin, but I really want to become fluent in Italian. It would make understanding my family a whole lot easier.)  

13. Learn to snowboard (I hate the snow but always wanted to learn.) 
 


About Julie Murphy:

Julie lives in North Texas with her husband who loves her, her dog who adores her, and her cat who tolerates her. When she's not writing or trying to catch stray cats, she works at an academic library. Side Effects May Vary is Julie's debut novel. Julie can best be found on her website (www.juliemurphywrites.com), tumblr (www.andimjulie.tumblr.com), or twitter (www.twitter.com/andimjulie).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)