Thursday, March 6, 2014

Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

Better Off Friends
By: Elizabeth Eulberg
Released: February 25, 2014
Source: Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can’t be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan’s friends. They are platonic and happy that way. Eventually they realize they’re best friends — which wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t keep getting in each other’s way. Guys won’t ask Macallan out because they think she’s with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can’t help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?" (Summary from goodreads.com) 

I really enjoyed Better Off Friends! It was a cute story!

Better Off Friends is the story of best friends Macallan and Levi. I loved both Macallan and Levi. They are complex characters who are both developed very well. They could be so frustrating some times, but I understood why they made the decisions that they did. I also loved the friendship that they shared and how it developed. It was realistic and reminded me of the relationships I share with my own friends. These two are so close and have all these inside jokes. I even felt like I was invading on their friendship at times while reading.

I loved Eulberg's writing style and really enjoyed how the chapters alternated between Macallan and Levi's point of views. Eulberg gave both of these characters really distinctive voices and I loved getting the chance to read both of their sides to the story. The plot was captivating and I read this book in one sitting because I couldn't put it down until I found out what happened between these two. I also loved that this story took place over the course of a few years. The pacing was just right and never felt like it dragged or was rushing through important moments. It was just really great to read the whole history of their friendship and to see how it grew. 

Overall I really enjoyed Better Off Friends. It was a really cute and realistic contemporary story about friendship and family. I definitely recommend this to fans of contemporary books!

  My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Great review!!

    I really do wanna read this one. I love when the relationships just feel so real! It makes the book that much more fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second good review I've read on this book. I think I will have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)