Monday, January 6, 2014

The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
By: Richelle Mead
Released: November 19, 2013
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . . But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever." (Summary from goodreads.com)
  
The Bloodlines series is one of my top favorites and The Fiery Heart was another fantastic addition. This has definitely become my favorite book in this series so far. 

Sydney is trying to keep her secret life from the Alchemists, but that is becoming more and more difficult now that her sister Zoe is staying with her. She is balancing a lot in The Fiery Heart. Sydney has developed so much since Bloodlines and she has slowly become one of my favorite Young Adult characters. Then there is Adrian, who I think has also been developed really well over the course of this series. I think that he was especially developed well in this book. I also loved seeing the return of many characters and meeting new ones. I especially loved seeing some characters from The Vampire Academy series again too.

I loved the plot for The Fiery Heart. It was captivating and exciting from the first chapter. I read this book in one sitting because I just couldn't walk away until I knew what happened next. It was predictable though, but that didn't make it any less enjoyable for me to read. 

I also loved that the chapters alternated between Sydney and Adrian. I think it helped move the story along a lot quicker and I loved getting to know more about Adrian. Mead also brought out the humor in this book, which is again one of the big reasons why I love her writing. There is a good mix of serious moments and some lighter funny ones too.

Overall I loved The Fiery Heart I strongly recommend this series, it's one of my favorites. I can't wait to read Silver Shadows in July!



My Rating:


3 comments:

  1. I need to read this book! I really enjoy this series and of course I adore Adrian. Can't wait to make time for this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad you liked it! I agree, nothing really surprised me about the plot, but it was still pretty darned enjoyable. I really liked being in Adrian's head, I kind of hope it comes back in future books. The humor is a definite plus, too.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! This one might have been the best in the series so far. I agree that it was predictable since so many things were foreshadowed throughout the series, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)