Monday, January 13, 2014

Champion by Marie Lu

Champion (Legend #3)
By: Marie Lu
Released: November 5, 2013
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I love the Legend series and Champion was an excellent conclusion! Champion was one of my most anticipated books and it absolutely lived up to those expectations.

June is a Princeps-Elect while Day is working in the military. The tension between the Republic and Colonies is growing, especially after a plague outbreak in the Colonies. June and Day are both great characters who I have loved getting to know throughout this series. Day and June have come so far and grown so much. They have both been developed very well. I loved that the chapters continued to alternate between point of views. Lu really gave both characters distinctive voices.  I also loved seeing the return of some past characters too.

The plot was exciting and I was immediately hooked to this story from the first page. There was a lot of action, but still some romance too. It wasn't all that predictable either, so it certainly kept me on the edge of my seat. I was happy that a lot of my lingering questions were all cleared up too. One of my favorite aspects of this series has been the world that Lu has built. It was developed really well and I loved how she expanded on it with each new book. For instance in Champion, I loved learning about Antarctica and the technology, it was probably one of my most favorite chapters. 

Overall I loved Champion. This is definitely a series that I can reread again and again. I highly recommend picking it up!


My Rating:

4 comments:

  1. I loved learning about the Antarctica technology too! So interesting. Such a great conclusion. Glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep putting off reading this because I'm not ready for this series to end. It really has been one of the best dystopian series out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another series I am dying to start. It sounds so good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to get back into this series! I adored the first book! Loved your review and it made me realize what I'm missing out on! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)