Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Believe by Erin McCarthy

Believe
By: Erin McCarthy
Released: January 21, 2014
Source: Netgalley
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*Note this is a New Adult book 
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Robin used to be a party girl… until she got black out drunk and woke up in bed with her best friend's boyfriend. Now she's faced with being THAT girl, and couldn't be more disgusted with herself. She can't even tell her friends the reason for her sudden sobriety and she avoids everyone until she meets Phoenix—quiet, tattooed, and different in every way that's good and oh, so bad…Phoenix is two days out of jail when he meets Robin at his cousin's house, and he knows that he has no business talking to her, but he's drawn to her quiet demeanor, sweet smile, and artistic talent. She doesn't care that he's done time, or that he only has five bucks to his name, and she supports his goal to be a tattoo artist. But Phoenix knows Robin has a secret, and that it's a naïve dream to believe that his record won't catch up with them at some point. Though neither is prepared for the explosive result when the past collides with the present…" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Believe was a quick and captivating read. I really liked the previous books in the True Believers series and this was another enjoyable addition.

Believe is the story of Robin and Phoenix. Robin used to be a party girl until one night when she sleeps with her best friend's boyfriend. Now the guilt is eating away at her. Then there is Phoenix who just got out of jail a few days ago. I liked both Robin and Phoenix and found them to be really interesting characters. They both are so different, but also have a lot in common. I really enjoyed getting to know more about them.

The chemistry between these characters was certainly there from the beginning, but I found that the relationship developed very quickly. Their relationship just progressed really fast in a short amount of time so that made it seem unrealistic to me.

I loved seeing the return of Riley, Jessica, Rory, Tyler, Easton, and Jaden. I really love the family relationship in these books so I was happy to see it being continued on again in Believe. This is a family that sticks together no matter what. 

The plot was captivating with a good balance of drama and romance. It was a bit predictable at times, but not always. I did feel like it was really rushed though. I would of loved to see some things expanded on more because I was expecting for something more to come from certain situations. The end, especially, just wrapped up all really quickly.

Overall I liked Believe. It wasn't my favorite book in the True Believers series because of the pacing, but I still enjoyed it. I will still definitely be looking forward to the next addition in the series.  
  
My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)