Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Best of 2013: Day 6

The Best of 2013: Day 6

This year I thought I would do something different with my end of the year wrap up. For the next few days I will be featuring different Young Adult bloggers who will talk about what their favorite books were from 2013.

Meet Liv from Lived One Thousand Lives: 

Hi, my name is Liv and I run the blog Lived One Thousand Lives at LivedOneThousandLives.blogspot.com

1.) What was your favorite book from 2013?
One of my favorites this year was Prodigal by Rektok Ross!

2.) Why was Prodigal your favorite book of 2013?
This book really connected with me and honestly there isn't a reason. It was easy to read, and I got absorbed into the story quickly. The characters were very well developed an I thought this wasn't just they typical YA romance novel because it had a few twists. The cover is simply beautiful and the title is unique, both things really improve my attitude going Into the book. I loved that it brought God and religion in but in a very low key way, because I enjoy that aspect wen it isn't overpowering. I just had a magnificent time reading this book!

3.) What was your favorite quote from Prodigal?
I had two so here they are:
“It's just not that easy answer you want wrapped up in a pretty, little bow. Nothing real ever is, but that doesn't mean it's hopeless.”

“People lie to themselves all the time. If they lie to themselves, how can you expect them not to lie to you?”


Meet Ashley from Wholly Books:
 
Hey y'all! I'm Ashley from the YA Book Blog, Wholly Books.

1.) What was your favorite book from 2013?
 
Pivot Point by Kasie West

2.) Why was Pivot Point your favorite book of 2013?

The thing I really loved about Pivot Point was how West shows you two possible futures for the main character, Addison. Neither of them actually happen but to her it feels real. When she comes back she has to decide which future she wants to live and then she'll relive it all over again. However, the future she doesn't choose never happens so she will have memories of events, people, ect that no one else will because it didn't happen to them. It's such an interesting and unique story idea. It's a story that really makes you think about what you would do if you were in that situation.  The characters, writing, and plot are all amazing. 


3.) What was your favorite quote from Pivot Point?

He takes a deep breath. "I want you to choose me, Addie," he whispers. "I want this to be real."

You can read all of Ashley's review for Pivot Point here: http://www.wholly-books.com/2013/02/review-pivot-point.html



Meet Flo from Book Nerds Across America:

Hi, my name is Flo and I'm one of the co-founders of Book Nerds Across America: http://www.booknerdsacrossamerica.com

1.) What was your favorite book from 2013?

Just one?!?! Okay, okay. I will say Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. I was pretty much bawling all the way through the 565 page book.


2.) Why was Clockwork Princess your favorite book of 2013?

I love everything Cassandra Clare, This one in particular because it brought a trilogy I have loved for years to a conclusion. And while I was crying, I was smiling, too. 


3.) What was your favorite quote from Clockwork Princess?

“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” 

You can read all of Flo's review for Clockwork Princess here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/258186956
 
Thank you Liv, Ashley, and Flo for sharing your picks!

Check out The Best of 2013: Day 2 
Check out The Best of 2013: Day 3
Check out The Best of 2013: Day 4  
Check out The Best of 2013: Day 5 

Check back again tomorrow to see what my pick is for my favorite book of the year.

So what was your favorite book from 2013? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this with me! It was a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)