Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Best of 2013: Day 4

The Best of 2013: Day4

This year I thought I would do something different with my end of the year wrap up. For the next few days I will be featuring different Young Adult bloggers who will talk about what their favorite books were from 2013.



Meet Millie from Millie D's Words:

Hello, I’m Millie and I run my blog, Millie D’s Words.

1.)  What was your favorite book from 2013?

 
 Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn 


2.)   Why was Another Little Piece your favorite book of 2013?

Out of the many books I’ve read this year, one of my favorite—a total stick-out compared to the others I’ve read—would have to be Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn. This one totally knocked my socks off and really affected my reading experience. Such a great novel! I have to say I’ve read nothing else like it and that makes me very happy. I’ve basically told all my bookworm friends that they need to read this book during some point in their lives. So, if you’ve not read it, read it!


Read all of Millie's review of Another Little Piece here: http://milliedswords.blogspot.com/2013/05/another-little-piece-by-kate-karyus.html




Meet Trinity from Trin in the Wind:
Hi, I’m Trinity from Trin in the Wind http://trinitydoyle.com

1.) What was your favorite book from 2013?
  There were so many amazing books published this year but one of my favourites would have to be Girl Defective by Simmone Howell (Side note: this book is Australian but I know it will be out in the US soon)

2.) Why was Girl Defective your favorite book of 2013?
 I love immediate writing, books where you’re immersed in the MC’s head from the start and that’s what Girl Defective is like. From the first line I knew I would love it. Everything is so real and rich, all the characters layered. It’s the story of one girl finding herself, amongst her strange family, overshadowing best friend and the kind of mystery that peeks out at you but few would actually pursue. 

3.) What was your favorite quote from Girl Defective?
 I can’t choose!
 "I had a shock of yearning, of wishing I was Nancy. The feeling was sharp and it carried a shadow. I was always on the edge of something that was never going to happen.”
"Sometimes I’d see Dad look at my brother and feel the acid tang of jealousy in the back of my mouth. I’d flash on Gully at four saying, ‘I’m a boy and Dad’s a boy but Sky is a GIRL.’ And I’d feel cursed and isolated and defective.”
“I liked the records to all be leaning the right way, facing me, full of promise. As I looked at their shiny faces I felt a mix of awe and sadness, Music was everything: the whole stinging ringing pulse of being human was in here pressed against each other.”




Thank you Millie and Trinity for sharing your picks!

Check out The Best of 2013: Day 2 
Check out The Best of 2013: Day 3

Check back again tomorrow to see what other bloggers are choosing as their favorite book of the year.

So what was your favorite book from 2013? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)