Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Best of 2013: Day 3

The Best of 2013: Day 3

This year I thought I would do something different with my end of the year wrap up. For the next few days I will be featuring different Young Adult bloggers who will talk about what their favorite books were from 2013. 



Meet Ashley from The Roaming Reader:

Hi everyone!  I'm Ashley Lauren - writer and blogger.  I blog about books on The Roaming Reader - theroamingreader.com.  I have a lot of passions in life but the ones at the top of my list are 1) writing 2) reading 3) my husband 4) traveling 5) eating gummy bears - I'll admit those aren't always in the same order :-)  I currently live in Chicago although my home will always be Wisconsin.

1.)  What was your favorite book from 2013?

Wild Cards by Simone Elkenes


2.)   Why was Wild Cards your favorite book of 2013?

I've always enjoyed Simone's work.  Of all the young adult authors out there I feel like she really gets the language and actions of teenagers - it's a struggle I have in my own writing.  Wild Cards in particular I think she nails it.  Ashtyn and Derek have problems that could easily be resolved with a couple conversations but they have too much else going on.  That being said there are some "real" problems too - broken up families and breaking through gender stereotypes.  Aside from that it has great dialogue, fun scenes, and some downright sexy moment. It's just a great book to get lost in, even as an adult.

Read all of Ashley's review for Wild Cards here: http://theroamingreader.com/2013/11/27/ya-book-review-wild-cards-4-out-of-5/


Meet Teresa from Readers Live A Thousand Lives:

My name is Teresa and I run Readers Live A Thousand Lives (http://readerslive1000lives.com). I have been blogging for about a year and a half now and I have loved every second of it. I am obsessed with the color green, tootsie rolls, and anything JLA related.
 
1.)  What was your favorite book from 2013?
 
Just one... just one? How am I expected to do that? There were so many books I loved this year! But if I have to pick one *sigh* I guess I have to go with Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. 

2.)  Why was Clockwork Princess your favorite book of 2013?
 
I have always loved the Shadowhunter world, but Will Herondale stole my heart many years ago and he still hasn't given it back. I loved everything about that book and I am pretty sure I cried the entire time I spent reading it because of feelings. It is hands down my favorite conclusion to a series ever!
3.) What was your favorite quote from Clockwork Princess?
 
Ahh this is tough to do spoiler free.... most of my favorites from this book contain spoilers, but this one is spoiler free “Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” 


Thank you Ashley and Teresa for sharing your picks!
Check out The Best of 2013: Day 2 

Check back again tomorrow to see what other bloggers are choosing as their favorite book of the year.

So what was your favorite book from 2013? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on the blog! It was lots of fun answering the questions and trying to pick just one book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)