Monday, December 23, 2013

Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally

Racing Savannah
By: Miranda Kenneally
Released: December 3, 2013
Source: Netgalley
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"They’re from two different worlds. He lives in the estate house, and she spends most of her time in the stables helping her father train horses. In fact, Savannah has always been much more comfortable around horses than boys. Especially boys like Jack Goodwin—cocky, popular and completely out of her league. She knows the rules: no mixing between the staff and the Goodwin family. But Jack has no such boundaries. With her dream of becoming a horse jockey, Savannah isn’t exactly one to follow the rules either. She’s not going to let someone tell her a girl isn’t tough enough to race. Sure, it’s dangerous. Then again, so is dating Jack…" (Summary from goodreads.com)


I've really enjoyed all of Miranda Kenneally's previous books and Racing Savannah is definitely another great contemporary story. Once I started reading, I couldn't walk away from this story for long.


Savannah has just moved with her dad to the Goodwin estate where her dad will work with the horses. She doesn't want to be stuck in the same life that her dad is in. While Jack Goodwin is given the opportunity to prove to his dad that he is capable of running the business by himself. Both characters are really different and come from different backgrounds, but they do discover that they share a few similarities. For the most part, I did like Savannah and Jack. I thought they were developed fairly well. They are far from being my favorite characters in the Hundred Oaks series, but I still found myself really caring about these characters. 

I especially thought that Savannah was the more interesting character. I loved the moments where she was selfless and stood up for what she wanted. However, she still had her flaws too. Then I loved seeing the characters from the past Hundred Oaks books make an appearance.

The plot was really interesting and immediately hooked me in. It had a good balance of drama and romance. I especially enjoyed learning more about horses and horse racing. I loved the setting at the Goodwin estate. Kenneally really made me feel like I was at the stables with the horses and at the horse races watching in anticipation to see who would win the race. For most of the book the pacing moving along well, but the last few chapters felt rushed to me.

Overall I really enjoyed Racing Savannah. I strongly recommend any of the Hundred Oaks books to any contemporary fans. I can't wait to read Kenneally's next book. 


My Rating:


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Stealing Parker and keep meaning to read the rest of her books. This sounds fantastic. Hopefully I'll find time to read it in 2014

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)