Monday, December 2, 2013

Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements 0.5)
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: December 1, 2013
Source: Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review


"Dez wasn't just Jasmine's crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining balance between good and evil. He was her everything...right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn't help that Jas's father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that personally. And now he's back, three years older, ten times hotter, ready to pick up exactly where they left off. But Jas isn't taking that risk again. Dez has seven days to meet all her conditions and earn back her trust. Seven days filled with terrifying danger and sweet temptation. Seven days to win her heart—or shatter it all over again..." (Summary from goodreads.com)


I loved Bitter Sweet Love and it made me even more excited for this new series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. 

Bitter Sweet Love is the prequel to The Dark Elements series. Dez and Jasmine are gargoyles. Dez and Jas grew up together for years and were to be mated, but then Dez left for three years. Now Dez has returned and has seven days to meet all of Jas' conditions and earn back her trust. I loved both Jas and Dez and I thought that they were developed really well. I especially thought that Jas was a great character. She wants to go out and see the world, but she lives under strict rules just because she is a female gargoyle. I also really enjoyed learning more about Dez's past.

The plot was so interesting and really set up the series well. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. There was a great blend of romance and action. I loved the whole concept of these gargoyles. Armentrout created a really exciting and well developed world. I loved briefly meeting Layla and I can't wait to read her story in White Hot Kiss.

Overall, I loved Bitter Sweet Love! It has a great concept and fantastic characters. Armentrout has delivered a great start to what will sure be one of my new favorite series. I definitely recommend picking this up!


My Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I can't wait to read this one and I am hoping to devour it tonight. I am so excited for this new series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to read this series - I liked Armentrout's Lux series good enough, I suppose, so I think I'm definitely giving this a shot. Also, gargoyles? Pretty original concept!

    Great review! :)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)