Monday, November 25, 2013

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Crash Into You
By: Katie McGarry
Released: November 26, 2013
Source: Netgalley
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other" (Summary from goodreads.com

Katie McGarry has written another beautiful and realistic story that I just absolutely fell in love with. I loved Pushing the Limits and Dare You To, and now Crash Into You as well.

Crash Into You is the story of Isaiah and Rachel. Rachel is under pressure from her family to keep up appearances. The only time that she feels like herself is when she is driving her car. Then there is Isaiah who lives on the other side of town and desperately needs money. The two meet during a drag race, but find their lives are in jeopardy and have six weeks to find a way to get out.

I was so excited to finally read Isaiah's story and I just fell in love with him even more. I loved learning more about Isaiah and his past. Then I really enjoyed getting to meet Rachel. She was such an interesting character and I could connect with her immediately. She is a complicated situation at home and trying to make everyone else happy. I liked how she worked on cars and knew so much about them. I found myself learning more about cars from her than I knew before I read this book. Both Isaiah and Rachel were developed strongly throughout the book.

I also loved the way that a relationship developed between Rachel and Isaiah. They are so different, but at the same time they have much in common too. I especially loved how they shared a common love for cars. I loved the side characters too. I especially loved seeing Noah, Echo, Ryan, Beth, and Logan again. I also enjoyed getting to know a bit about Abby.

The plot was captivating and I stayed up to the early morning just to finish this book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down until I found what would happen to Isaiah and Rachel. This story was exciting and sweet. It made my heart race and I admit to crying quite a bit.

Overall, I loved Crash Into You! I will definitely be rereading this book over and over again. I strongly recommend this book, as well as Pushing the Limits and Dare You To.

My Rating:


4 comments:

  1. aww Isaiah meets a girl who is basically a mechanic? haha I can't wait to read this! Rachel sounds like a great character

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much! I adored this story! Isaiah and Rachel are great together! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review!! I feel the same way about Isaiah and I just loved his story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)