Thursday, October 10, 2013

Two by Leigh Ann Kopans

Two (One Universe #2)
By: Leigh Ann Kopans
Released: October 1, 2013
Source: Author
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

"Elias and Merrin are on the run. After escaping the Biotech Hub, they thought they could breathe easy, or at least a little easier. But when bombs slam into the Social Welfare Hub only hours after their arrival, it becomes clear there's nowhere to hide - and no end to what Biotech will do to get them back. Their last chance for safety and answers is the Clandestine Service Hub. CS has intel on the real, broader purpose behind Fisk’s experiments , and the newfound knowledge of the horrors hidden deep within Biotech’s walls sends Merrin back to recover a secret formula that could ruin the Supers’ world forever—and might just save the lives of the Biotech victims spiraling out of control. Elias' sisters are counted among the victims of Fisk’s experiments, and if Elias can't find and help them, their powers will destroy them--sooner rather than later. Returning to the place it all began terrifies him, but with Fisk ready to make an example out of Merrin, and his sisters’ lives --and the lives of all Supers--hanging in the balance, he might not have a choice. If he can't find the courage to face his worst fears, Elias might lose more than his newfound powers. He might lose everyone he loves" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Two was a great sequel to One. I really enjoyed this book and I especially loved that this time it was in Elias perspective. What I loved so much about One was the concept and how different it was from everything else that I have been reading. Two definitely did just that again, but by expanding the world even farther.

Elias and Merrin are now on the run from Biotech. I really loved how both of these characters were developed more in this book. What I continue to really like about Merrin is that she is strong. Then I especially loved getting to know even more about Elias and just really enjoyed getting to read this story through his point of view. Elias and Merrin are both really great and realistic characters. I like the relationship between them because it isn't perfect, they have their issues, which just makes it more believable. I also loved getting to meet some new characters, especially Vera and Hayley.

I was so excited to jump back into this world with the Supers, the Ones, and the Normals. The plot was paced well and I was completely captivated. I loved that it just immediately started and it never really slowed down. I actually found that this book flowed even better than the first one. There was a great blend of action and suspense, but it also had some sweet moments too.

Overall, Kopans delivered a great sequel and I definitely recommend picking up One and Two!


My Rating:


1 comment:

  1. I have just finished reading One, and I have this down as the first book to buy when I get paid next week. Wish I had it in my hands now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)