Monday, October 14, 2013

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Evolution of Mara Dyer
By: Michelle Hodkin
Released: October 23, 2013
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past. She can’t. She used to think her problems were all in her head. They aren’t. She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets. She’s wrong. In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Wow Michelle Hodkin wrote an amazing follow up to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I read this book in the span of one day because I just couldn't put it down. I kept telling myself one more chapter, but that didn't work at all. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was one of my favorite books of 2011, so I had really high expectations for The Evolution of Mara Dyer and Hodkin went above and beyond those expectations.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer picks up where The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer left off. Mara realizes that all of her problems aren't just in her head. Mara is such a complex and well developed protagonist. I love how the story is in her point of view because it made me understand just how crazy she felt like she was going at times. It also made me understand just how out of control she felt.

Then this story is just filled with some excellent side characters. First there is Noah. I fell in love with him during book one and I just loved him even more while reading this one. I really enjoyed learning more about him and his past. Also I love the way the relationship between him and Mara continued to develop. Then there is Mara's brother Daniel. I just love the relationship that Daniel and Mara shared.

I would describe this story as dark, creepy, suspenseful, surprising, and romantic. This book basically has it all. The plot kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved all the twists and how it was never predictable for me as well. There were countless times where I gasped or yelled while I was reading. I felt like I was losing my mind while reading this story and I mean this in the best possible way. Hodkin just completely sucks you into this story and into Mara's mind. 

Overall, I loved The Evolution of Mara Dyer! It was an excellent sequel and I will be anxiously counting down the days until The Retribution of Mara Dyer is released.
          

My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I have had Evolution on my shelf for ages and keep putting off reading it! I definitely need to get to it now though it sounds like it is even better then the first!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)