Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The 100 by Kass Morgan

The 100
By: Kass Morgan
Released: September 3, 2013
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late. Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I liked The 100 and I thought that it was an enjoyable read. I really loved the concept of this book from the first time that I read the summary. 

The 100 is a story set in the future where one hundred delinquent teenagers are all sent to Earth. It is told through four point of views. Clarke, Wells, and Bellamy are three of the one hundred who are on Earth. While Glass stays on the spaceship. The four point of views did get to be too overwhelming and I didn't find that any of the characters were really strongly developed. Each of the characters were interesting though. I also liked that the alternating point of views provided a look at what was going on earth and on the spaceship. Out of all the characters, Clarke was definitely my favorite though. I liked how she took control on Earth. 

The plot was really interesting and I just really love the whole concept of the prisoners being sent to Earth to test that it is safe. Both settings on Earth and the spaceship were really great and could get freaky sometimes, especially on Earth. I enjoyed learning about how the spaceship was being run. The pacing was slow at times, but I was still interested enough in what was going to happen that I kept on reading. The last half of the book especially got really exciting.  

Overall, I liked The 100. It was interesting and I'm excited to see where this series will go next. 


My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)