Friday, October 18, 2013

New York Comic Con 2013 Recap

This was my fourth year attending New York Comic Con and it was once again a great year! It's definitely one of my favorite events of the year. It's absolutely exhausting, but so worth it. Here's a short recap of my four days there:


Thursday:
Thursday was preview night and the only book signing that I attended was Alex London's (Proxy). Afterwards I headed to a pilot screening of The 100. I loved the pilot! It was a really good adaptation and I actually enjoyed the show more than the book. 

Cast of Vampire Academy

Friday:
Zoey Deutch and Lucy Fry signing
On Friday I attended the Vampire Academy movie panel. The panel was great and showed a new trailer for the movie. Zoey Deutch (Rose) talked about how she trained for months. She also told a story about how after auditions she drove Lucy Fry (Lissa) home and Lucy called her "my guardian". The director and writer both assured the audience that it may come across as a comedy in the trailers but there is still a lot of romance and action. One scene that they confirmed was cut from the book was when Dimitri buys Rose lip gloss. After the panel I went to the cast signing. The whole cast was so sweet!
The only book signing that I attended was Andrea Cremers. She had a pretty amazing costume on. Later on I attended the Spin and Win at Harper Collins and briefly saw the Epic Reads girls. I also caught a glimpse of Snarkles. I ended the day attending a signing with Kristen Bauer (Pam from True Blood).

Saturday:
 I spent all of Saturday attending panels. I attended the Teen Wolf, Reign, Beauty and the Beast, Agents of SHIELD, Walking Dead, and Hercules panels. So I didn't attend any book related events that day. 



Sunday:   
The only book signing I attended on Sunday was Tamara Ireland Stone, who is so sweet! Afterwards I just hung around the show floor and later on went to the panel for Sleepy Hollow. 



 Out of all the years that I have attended, this year was my favorite. I would definitely recommend trying to make it to next year's event. It was so great to see some bloggers again and to meet some new ones. Thank you to all of the publishers and authors for being so wonderful! I especially want to thank the staff at Penguin, Harper Collins, Random House, Simon and Schuster, Hachette, Disney, and Abrams. I'm already beginning to countdown until next year!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds SO fun! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how fun!! Looks like it was an amazing Con, I'm so glad you had a good time. I really liked PROXY and Tamara Ireland Stone's first book, so I bet those signings were great--and it must have been interesting to be at the VA panel and to see The 100 pilot, too! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)