Monday, October 28, 2013

Allegiant by Veronica Roth


Allegiant
By: Veronica Roth
Released: October 22, 2013
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love." (Summary from goodreads.com)


Wow Veronica Roth delivered an amazing conclusion to one of my top favorite series. I really loved Allegiant and I just can't stop thinking about it! It left me speechless.

Allegiant picks up briefly after where Insurgent left off. The faction system is crumbling and Tris is given the chance to go outside the fence. Roth has done an excellent job with developing these characters through the course of this series. Tris is definitely on my list of top protagonists. I like that she has been affected by everything she has seen and lived through because it makes her more realistic. She is this strong girl, but she still has her flaws and weaknesses. I also felt that I really understood her motives and decisions in this book.

Then I loved that Allegiant was also told in Tobias' point of view. He is another character who has come so far since Divergent and has been developed really well. I loved that reading his point of view gave me some new insight into his mind and motives. I also really loved how the relationship has grown between Tris and Tobias. Then I loved getting to see the return of some of my favorite characters, like Christina, and getting to meet some new characters as well.    

From the moment I started this book, I couldn't put it down. I was completely captivated from the beginning to the end. The plot had action, romance, and twists that I didn't expect. The alternating point of views flowed really well and made the story move along more quickly. I also loved learning even more about this world and seeing what was outside the fence. All of my questions were definitely answered. Then I have to say that in this book especially, Roth's writing was beautiful. There were so many times that I would pause to write down a quote. 

Overall I loved Allegiant! It made me smile, laugh, and cry a lot. I plan on rereading this series over and over again very soon. I certainly won't be able to forget this world and the characters that Roth created.  


My Rating:


5 comments:

  1. Your review is great and I am glad that you enjoyed the book. Though I adored Divergent and read it like 5 times, and Insurgent was good to, I am sorry to say that Allegiant really disappointed/crushed me, though I totally understand where both camps are coming from in their interpretation, and I am really happy to know that you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. I completely understand where you are coming from as well. Sorry to hear that it disappointed you.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love that you loved this too! There is just so much hate going around and I get it but I also don't. I loved it and thought it a fitting end... it crushed me it really really crushed me but I still absolutely loved it. I loved reading from Four's POV and I love how much both characters grew both as individuals and as a couple. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa! So happy that you loved it too! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed this, I was devastated by it (still am) - it definitely wasn't what I would have expected and it seems people either love it or hate it.

    A wonderful review! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)