Wednesday, September 11, 2013

YALLFest Author Interview: Lauren Oliver

 
The Charleston Young Adult Book Festival is coming up on Saturday, November 9, 2013.
 
Learn all about YALLFest and the many authors attending:
 
I'm so excited to feature an interview with author Lauren Oliver, who will be one of the many authors attending YALLFest this year.
 
Lauren Oliver is the author of Before I Fall, Delirium, The Spindlers, and upcoming novel, Panic. Learn more about Lauren on her website.
 
1.) What one thing do you need to have when you write?
Coffee!
 
2.) What is the hardest line to write- the first or the last?
     Honestly, neither. It’s just every single line in between that feels impossible.
 
3.) Best writing tip you ever received?
     Aim for truth and beauty will follow.
 
4.) Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
     I have fourteen tattoos. I can fall asleep any time, any place. I have a phobia of worms. I hate fruit. I wrote my first novel largely on my Blackberry.
 
5.) Where's your favorite place to write?
     In my sunroom in upstate New York.
 
6.) What are you working on now?
     Two different middle grade books and an untitled young adult novel that my agent described as  “the most disturbing thing he’s ever read.” Oops!
 
7.) What is your favorite genre to write in? To Read?
     I love realistic books that include just a hint of fantasy.

3 comments:

  1. Great interview! I love Lauren Oliver's books and her writing is absolutely gorgeous. I definitely have to go to one of these YALL fests soon! Looks like so many amazing authors go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! And I am so looking forward to this disturbing YA!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I am happy to hear she's writing more MG novels--Liesl & Po was my favorite book of 2011! And DISTURBING SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. :D :D :D

    I'm surprised to hear about the tattoos, too, I guess we don't see much skin in the photographs at events hah. Doesn't everyone hate worms, though? Everyone should hate worms.

    Thanks for this short and sweet interview! Love it.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)