Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #118: Side Effects May Vary


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Side Effects May Vary
By: Julie Murphy
Release Date: March 18, 2013

"What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you? When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission. Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most? Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality." (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm really looking forward to Side Effects May Vary because it sounds like it will be a good read.

14 comments:

  1. This sounds really good :) I will definitely have to add this to my tbr!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one before but it does sounds like a really interesting read. I hope you'll enjoy it. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this kind of reminds me of that movie max keeble's big move lol. but it sounds like a fun read even though it's about cancer.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is on my TBR list too :-D. Greta pick.
    Georgie @ What She Reads
    http://www.whatshereads.co.uk
    tweet @whatgeorgiedid

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a cute read and I like the cover as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I haven't heard of this book but it sounds like a good read. Thanks for introducing me =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks so good. I am keeping it in my "book club read" pile because I think it would be a great discussion book.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a touching story, Traci! I think this is the first I've heard of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to this one too! Great pick. Please check out my WoW!   And take a look at our giveaway of Hostage Three by Nick Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This one sounds like a good, touching, and fun read! :) Also love the title!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love the bucket list ideas! lol
    Great pick

    http://spicedlatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really looking forward to this one too!

    See what else I'm waiting on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one looks interesting, I like how it's a different take on the typical bucket list idea. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)