Monday, September 30, 2013

The Impossibility of Tomorrow by Avery Williams

The Impossibility of Tomorrow
By: Avery Williams
Released: June 4, 2013
Source: Edelweiss
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Seraphina has been living for centuries, thanks to a special method of alchemy, but only recently has she really felt alive. She’s finally broken free from her controlling boyfriend, Cyrus, and after years of swapping bodies to preserve her immortality, is happily settled into a life worth sticking with. Because in this life, she has Noah. But Noah might not be as trustworthy as he seems. After he delivers an ominous message that could only come from Cyrus, Sera is worried that her new friends and family will find out her secret. And as her suspicions extend beyond Noah, Sera is forced to wonder about her new friends as well: Could her old coven be disguising themselves right under her nose? Will Sera have to move to another body—and take another life—or can she find a way to keep what she’s got, forever?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I loved The Alchemy of Forever so I've been looking forward to reading The Impossibility of Tomorrow for months. I was really excited for this book because of the way that The Alchemy of Forever ended. Now I didn't love this sequel as much as I loved the first book, but it was still an enjoyable read. I think that I started this book with my expectations being way too high. There were some aspects of this story that I loved, while there were other aspects that I wasn't too crazy about.

Seraphina is still in Kailey's body, but she isn't as free from Cyrus as she wants to be. I liked Sera for the most part. However, in this book she was just so much more frustrating at times. I think that she is still definitely developed well throughout this book though. I also really felt bad for her again as she tries to escape Cyrus.

Then there was Noah who I just fell in love with all over again. He is just so sweet. While on the other hand, Cyrus is so creepy. He gives me the chills and makes such an excellent villain. Williams certainly knows how to write a character that will freak you out and keep you up at night if you stay up too late reading this book.    

The plot itself was interesting and I definitely enjoyed the last half of this book the most. The pacing was slow in the beginning and it took me some time to really get invested in the story. The last half kept me on the edge of my seat though and it made up for the slow start. I was also surprised by the twists and I enjoyed how it kept me guessing until the end.  

Overall, I enjoyed The Impossibility of Tomorrow and I thought that it was a good sequel.

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting series and something with a bit of a different twist. Glad you enjoyed this one, even if you enjoyed the first one more. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, how have I not heard of this series? The premise is intriguing! I'm glad you enjoyed it, even if it didn't quite live up to the original. Plot twists that keep you guessing are awesome, though.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)