Monday, September 16, 2013

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2)
By: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same. Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life. Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after..." (Summary from goodreads.com)


The Raven Boys was my favorite book of 2012 and this sequel did not disappoint. It just became my favorite book of 2013. I have been looking forward to reading The Dream Thieves for months and it was absolutely worth the wait. This book was amazing!

Ronan, Gansey, Adam, and Blue have woken the ley lines around Cabeswater. Gansey is still on his search, but now there are more people who are after the same thing. I thought each of these characters were developed more in this book. I loved the alternating chapters again between Ronan, Gansey, Adam, Blue, and a mysterious man. I especially liked that with this book I learned so much more about Ronan.  

I just loved jumping back into this world with these characters again. Stiefvater's writing is just gorgeous. I say this after every book I read written by her, but she is, in my opinion, one of the most talented Young Adult authors out there.

This book made my heart want to burst at times, but it also gave me the chills at other moments. Then I loved all the twists. I honestly didn't know where this story was going to go next. From beginning to end, I just didn't want to put this book down. I actually forced myself to only read a few chapters at a time over the course of the summer because I wanted to make this story last longer.

I still have so many questions left and I can't wait to continue on this journey with the next book.  Overall I loved The Dream Thieves! I can't recommend this series enough!



My Rating:

8 comments:

  1. The Raven Boys was a favorite of mine last year, too! I will read and love anything written by Maggie Stiefvater and I also find her writing to be talented and gorgeous as always. There's always so much world building and imagery and it's beautiful. So glad to see you loved The Dream Thieves! I was worried that it'd have that second book syndrome, but I'm glad to see you think otherwise! Can't wait to read this one. Fantastic review!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Stiefvater's writing in this series. It's so beautiful. I can't wait to see where she takes these characters next

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind is still reeling from this book--it's my favorite 2013 release so far as well! (And I can't imagine another book knocking it out of its place.) SO glad you enjoyed it, Traci! Now we just have to wait for book two. :(

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually been hesitant to try reading The Raven Boys (I've read a lot of reviews saying that the pacing of the book is very slow), but I'm always a sucker for books with good writing, so yeah, you just convinced me to give this series a shot. ;)

    Great review, Traci!

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mind was blown after reading this book.. seriously so many questions answered but many more pop up! I also loved diving back into their world but I was a bit disappointed that there isn't a ton of Gansey in there since I jus glove him so much.

    Awesome review!
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get to The Dream Thieves. I've had it sitting on my shelf for a while now. Glad you loved this one so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't it great! I was very excited to get to know more about Ronan. Things just keep getting crazier. I can't wait to continue the series.Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is a good follow up to the first raven boys. Though I thought the first book was better, I think this book is a good follow up and a good set up for the next one. I can't wait to see what else happens. This book develops the characters further and you get to see more into who they really are and what they struggle with.
    Highly recommended Alaska Brown Bear Hunts grizzly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)