Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Spark Unseen Blog Hop, Day 4: Review


A Spark Unseen
By: Sharon Cameron
Released: September 24, 2013
Source: ARC from BEA
Purchase the Book: Amazon
Review of A Dark Unwinding
*A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

"The thrilling sequel to Sharon Cameron’s blockbuster gothic steampunk romance, THE DARK UNWINDING, will captivate readers anew with mystery and intrigue aplenty. When Katharine Tulman wakes in the middle of the night and accidentally foils a kidnapping attempt on her uncle, she realizes Stranwyne Keep is no longer safe for Uncle Tully and his genius inventions. She flees to Paris, where she hopes to remain undetected and also find the mysterious and handsome Lane, who is suspected to be dead. But the search for Lane is not easy, and Katharine soon finds herself embroiled in a labyrinth of political intrigue. And with unexpected enemies and allies at every turn, Katharine will have to figure out whom she can trust--if anyone--to protect her uncle from danger once and for all. Filled with deadly twists, whispering romance, and heart-stopping suspense, this sequel to THE DARK UNWINDING whisks readers off on another thrilling adventure."

I really enjoyed A Dark Unwinding so I was really excited about A Spark Unseen and jumping back into this fantastic world. A Spark Unseen was definitely a great sequel and I ended up enjoying this book even more than the first one!

In A Spark Unseen, Katharine goes to Paris after realizing that Stanwyne Keep isn't safe anymore and she also wants to find Lane. Katharine is such a great character and continues to be developed more strongly in this sequel. She's a character that I've grown to admire, even more so with this book, because she is so strong.

This book immediately hooked me back into this world with the first chapter. I loved the way this story opened. It reminded me of why I enjoyed A Dark Unwinding so much. There is a great blend of action and suspense which makes it difficult to put this book down for long. The story also just flowed really well from one page to the next. There were some great twists as well.

I was already a huge fan of the setting of these books and I think that Cameron does an excellent job with the history. However, I loved that with this book it brought the reader to a whole new setting in Paris. As much as I loved the setting in Stanwyne Keep in the previous book, it was refreshing to go someplace new with these characters.  

Overall, I really enjoyed A Spark Unseen. It was a great sequel and I definitely recommend picking up this series!

My Rating:



*Learn all about the A Spark Unseen Blog Hop and the prizes you can win: http://sharoncameronbooks.com/news/


Find Sharon Cameron:



(Click the arrows to go either backward or forward through the blog hop)

 photo backward.png photo forward.png




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)