Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #113: Cress


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.

Cress
By: Marissa Meyer
Release Date: February 4, 2013

"Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard. In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can" (Summary from goodreads.com)

I'm so excited for Cress! I love this series and I love the tale of Rapunzel. I can't wait to read this retelling!

6 comments:

  1. I have been dying for the cover reveal! :) I love it and can't wait to get my hands on it.

    Janina
    My WW!


    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately need to read this series! They've been sitting on my shelf unread for far too long. I adore this cover and I think Rapunzel is my favorite. :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this has been on a lot of WoW's today but I still get happy every single time I see it featured. Great pick!! I love Rapunzel and can't wait to see what Marissa Meyer does with her story.

    My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I have the first book in the series, and I really need to get to it! I love remakes of old stories and Rapunzel is one of those tales I just love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog, one word: LOVE.

    I haven't actually gotten around to starting Cinder/Scarlet yet, but that cover is gorgeous and the plot sounds great! A re-telling of Rapunzel? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! So excited for this too! I've been a fan of Cinder for so longer, and I devoured Scarlet in one sitting. Counting down the days until this comes out! EEK!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)