Monday, August 26, 2013

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Origin
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Released: August 27, 2013
Source: E-ARC from Publisher
Purchase the Book: Amazon

"Daemon will do anything to get Katy back. After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure. All Katy can do is survive. Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?Together, they can face anything. But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?" (Summary from goodreads.com)

Surprise Origin was another Jennifer L. Armentrout book that I just absolutely loved. Okay so no big surprise here, it's another review where I just rave about how much I love another one of Armentrout's books.

Opal left me breathless and on the edge of my seat counting down the days until Origin was released. Origin picks up where Opal left off and Katy has been taken by Daedalus. Daemon will do anything to get her back. Katy is being tested on and learning more about the mission of Daedalus. I think that both Katy and Daemon really continue to develop in this book. I also loved seeing the return of some old characters and the introduction of some new characters too.   

I loved that Origin alternated between Daemon and Katy's point of views. It was great to read Daemon's point of view and read his perspective on the situation. I also loved how it really helped move the story along. 

Next, I loved the plot for this book. Armentrout has brought this series to an even newer level. It was so interesting and terrifying to learn more about the Daedalus and Luxen. I didn't know what to expect from this book when I began it and I'm so happy that it never got predictable. There were plenty of twists that I just never saw coming. There were several times when I just couldn't believe what I just read and would go back to make sure I read it right. I also loved how she brought you to some new settings in this book. It was refreshing to see the characters in different environments.

Origin is just another amazing addition to this series! As soon as I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading. This book broke my heart, put that big goofy grin on my face, and left me dying for the next book. I didn't think my love for these characters, especially Daemon, could grow any more, but somehow Armentrout has made me love them even more. I also must note how much I loved the reference to Wendy Higgins book, Sweet Evil. Overall, I highly recommend this book to fans of the series and if you haven't read this series yet, then start reading immediately! 


My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. Oh seriously? It's already out? I totally missed this! I sooo love this series and of course, I love Daemon! Cannot wait to read it :)) Thanks for the lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 5 stars this far into a series! That's pretty awesome. I have a friend who's absolutely salivating for this one--I think we need to come up with a name for die-hard Jennifer Armentrout fans, hah.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Opal yet, considering that it I heard it has quite the cliffhanger and I didn't want to have a long wait for Origin, but now that this book will be out tomorrow, I think I should get on reading it! I'm so glad you loved this one just as much as the other books in the series. I absolutely love these books and I just need to read it now! Great review!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! :)